Sunday, December 23, 2012

Wowerful :)

i like words!
real words.
made-up words.
hard words.
simple but meaningful words.
God's Word!
quotes.
phrases.
puns.
funny words.
complex words.
words.words.words!!

the other day while washing my hands i was reading the back of the liquid soap bottle. (true story!) i saw the term used to describe the soap -- it was "wowerful" & i thought this soap is good but it's not "wow-erful" but my mind took off racing about how "wowerful" God is!!

WOWERFUL!!! Wow + powerful = wowerful!!

i started thinking about some specific "Wowerful!" times when God "wow-ed" me with His wonderful power! 
  • He gave me an incredible family  - wowerful!
  • He gave us His Son, our Savior, our Sacrifice, our Salvation. - wowerful!
  • He gave me - my son, Colby. The  gift of being a parent - wowerful!
  • He allowed storms - He gave me His peace & joy during dark & tough times in life. His faithfulness. His presence, grace, mercy! His love - wowerful!
  • He gave me a wonderful life. family. children. husband. job. a lot of changes & newness! He gave me a life that i never expected to have & it's more than i even dreamed  - wowerful! 
i've only recorded 5 wowerful events...actually God wows me all the time!! He is indeed WOWERFUL!!!


A few more thoughts on this...

Wowerful conversations: Do you ever think about the conversation with the Lord when HE is about to wow us???  i think "wowerful" conversations might have gone something like this...


About my Family
(Maybe) He said: my child, I'm allowing you to be born in a wonderful family. I'm giving you a big sister, and a little brother that will come along in a few years. I'm allowing you ample opportunity to see what following Me looks like. I'm entrusting you to some praying, godly people. Your parents already walk faithfully with Me, and your siblings will walk faithfully with Me too. Ok, it's time to enter the family I've given you..."
me:  WOW Lord, this family for me? Thank You - You are Wowerful!
 
About asking Jesus into my life
(Maybe) He said: carol, you are a sinner. Your sin separates you from me. My Son Jesus is the sacrifice for your sins. He died for you. Salvation is for you. You are forgiven. You will need to follow Me with your whole heart, soul, mind, and strength.You will know me personally and eternally.
me: WOW Lord - sacrifice, salvation, forgiveness and eternal life- for me? Thank You - You are Wowerful!

About being a mom
(Maybe) He said: carol, my daughter, the time is right and I am giving you a son. A precious child. Teach him about Me. Love him. Take good care of him. Pray for him every day.  Lead Him to follow Me. Trust My plan for him.
me: WOW Lord, a son,  for me -- are You sure? thank You. You are Wowerful!" 
 
About the storms
(Maybe) He said: carol, a storm is coming. It's going to be difficult. It's going to be pain filled. There will be loss. There will be hurt and sadness. It won't be easy. It will be challenging. It will be tough. You will grow in your dependence on Me. You will survive. I will show up in small ways and big ways. You will find Me to be Faithful. You will be broken but you will find My joy and My peace. You will never be alone, I will be there. Every minute. Every day.
me: Ewww Lord, a storm for me -- are You sure? help me to be thankful. You'll be with me? well, ok -- because You are Wowerful!"

About new beginnings
(Maybe) He said: carol, I have another "wow" for you, I'm giving you a fresh start. I'm giving you a godly husband and his daughter. Cherish and respect him. Invest your life in the many children around you. Love your children - both of them.They are growing up fast. Open your heart and love deeply. Be an example of following Me. I have been with you and I will always be with You. Trust me and trust others.  There will be a lot of changes for you. Let go of the past. I have started something new.
me: WOW Lord,  wow!! all that for me -- are You sure? I cannot thank You enough. You are Wowerful!

Wowerful Verses

~ Wowerful Verses about our Birth, His plan, His timing ~
"You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion,as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed." Psalm 139:13-16


~Wowerful Verses about Salvation~
For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16; If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. Romans 10:9-10; ...they will receive forgiveness for their sins and be given a place among God’s people...Acts 26:18; ...you must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, all
your mind, and all your strength. Mark 12:30

~ Wowerful verses about parenting and children ~
Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Psalm 127:3; Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6; You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. Deuteronomy 6:7;
When a woman is giving birth, she has sorrow because her hour has come, but when she has delivered the baby, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world. John 16:21; Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. James 1:17

~Wowerful verses about storms, trials, tough times ~
I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world. John 16:33; “Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine.When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. Isaiah 43:1-3; May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. Romans 15:13; The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. John 10:10.

~Wowerful verses about new beginnings ~
The Lord says, “Forget what happened before, and do not think about the past. Look at the new thing I am going to do. It is already happening. Don’t you see it? Isaiah 43:18-19; I say this because I know what I am planning for you,” says the LORD. “I have good plans for you, not plans to hurt you. I will give you hope and a good future. Jeremiah 29:10-12; And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age. Matthew 28:20.


This post was really long! But God is so WOWERFUL i just couldn't "land this plane" heehee.

Merry CHRISTmas to all!!! He is WOWERFUL!!! and worthy of our praise :)

 



No comments:

Post a Comment