Tuesday, May 29, 2012

they did whaaa?

today i went to sonic in a nearby town. i ordered a large sweet tea & small tots. ($3.75)

i was happy when a nice employee brought out my food. i gave her my debit. i was in a bit of a hurry because i was attending a workshop for school. (btw workshop is great!!!) i will withhold the exact place in order to not incriminate anyone in particular...

after waiting & waiting for the nice employee to bring my card back -- i walked up to the door for employee's only. Here's what happened next... 


nice sonic employee: sorry - our machine isn't working right.  So i continue to stand there while the manager (i guess) runs the card through the machine. over & over.
manager: sorry for your wait. it's not your card it's our machine.
me: im in a little bit of a hurry.
manager: do you have any cash??
me: nope. i didn't bring any today.
manager: can you go to the bank?
me: i dunno. is there a pnc bank nearby? (i bank in decatur)

manager: i don't know.
me: well i need to get back to a meeting...
manager: then you'll have to give the food back.

me: excuse me?

manager: you have to give us the food back.
me: give it back?
manager: yes! so the nice employee & i walk back to my hot car where the food has been. i open the door to return the food....
nice employee: i'm really sorry about this. i don't think this is quite riiight.
me: yeah, me neither. the story ends with me running into a gas station to grab a bag of chips & mtn dew before the workshop resumes...
     seriously, she took back my fooooood!!!  i know they threw it away. it was used foood. gross!! $3.75!!! my card worked, her machine didn't.
     food service people...is this policy????? take served food backkkk? hmmm. i tried to pay. i had plastic money. oh well. i love a new good story!!! :)  

2 comments:

  1. That's one reason to Tweet and tag Sonic. But since you don't tweet very much then you should contact Sonic corporate offices. Let them know about this happening. I bet you get something for it... maybe get your food back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I have ever heard a story quite like that!!!!

    ReplyDelete