Monday, February 20, 2012

crammed full

In our SS class we are going through the book of John. This week we were studying John 17. The whole chapter ia Jesus praying - praying for Himself, for His current followers, and for us! I love that -- Jesus praying for us! wow!!

In verse 13 Jesus prays "that they may have the full measure of my joy within them." Our teacher described that as a fishing term where their nets were "crammed full" of fish, so full that the nets would be weighed down and overflowing with fish. And that is the term Jesus used when He prayed for JOY for us ~ that we would be crammed full of His joy!! I like that. I desire that. i have some spaces in my life that are crammed full & it's not so great for those areas.  BUT to be crammed full of joy -- now that's a different story!! weeeeeeo.

Please Lord Jesus-- let me be crammed full of Your JOY so that others may see it & want to know YOU!!

No comments:

Post a Comment